Monday 10 June 2013

Folded Paper

Francisca Prieto deconstructs rare illustrated periodicals and books to create a three-dimensional interpretation of things that interest her in life. I find her work very interesting because of the choice of rare imagery chosen by her and how each masterpiece is so intricate. She originally trained as a graphic designer and you can notice that skill throughout her 3D work from the amount of typographical elements involved and the mathematically accurate approach she has. 

Between Folds / Enevelopes: {A+4}

Between Folds / Atlas

Between Folds / Blue catalogue




2 comments:

  1. Oooh those are super pretty but there is no way I could bare to damage rare old books to do that D: It made me sad looking at her website but thats the inner bibliophile coming out in me. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her work as I think it looks class, but your right I don't think I could tear rare old periodicals up either haha, unless I had a copy made! xxx

    ReplyDelete